"It's been a lot fun watching people put the beards on," he said. "I've got some friends coming to the game and they ordered a bunch of caveman beards to wear to the game."
It won't be around forever, though. Win or lose Sunday, Keisel will ditch his bushy beard — at some point.
"I'm going to try and raise some money for charity with it or something like that," he said. "But it might come back. I'm going to miss it. I've become quite fond of it. I enjoy taking care of it and brushing it. I'm going to miss it. It's become a part of me."
Not that everyone is a fan of how it looks. Just ask defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.
"I really think he is a much more handsome man without it," he said, "but I kind of like the record we've got with it on there."
Keisel looks in the mirror sometimes and knows LeBeau is right.
"I know I was handsome," he said, smiling, "but I don't really remember what it was like."
Neither does his wife, Sarah. And that's why she bought him a razor for Christmas.
"It's still in the package, but I'll have to break that out eventually," Keisel said. "She's been a great supporter throughout it all. She doesn't really remember the guy she married, but she gets to wake up to this every morning and at least get a chuckle."
Don't worry, Sarah. Just a few more days and you'll get your husband back. As long as "The Beard" lets you.
"Hopefully, we'll win and I can go home and pull the Lombardi (Trophy) out of the beard for all the fans to see," Keisel said. "Then, I think I'll have to whack it off or my wife might leave me."
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Coach Steve Kerr: Warriors on brink but ready...
- San Jose Sharks head to 1st Cup final after...
- LeBron, Love power Cavaliers to 116-78 romp...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 39
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 34
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 19
- Doug Robinson: Take heart, Jazz fans,... 15