"It's been a lot fun watching people put the beards on," he said. "I've got some friends coming to the game and they ordered a bunch of caveman beards to wear to the game."
It won't be around forever, though. Win or lose Sunday, Keisel will ditch his bushy beard — at some point.
"I'm going to try and raise some money for charity with it or something like that," he said. "But it might come back. I'm going to miss it. I've become quite fond of it. I enjoy taking care of it and brushing it. I'm going to miss it. It's become a part of me."
Not that everyone is a fan of how it looks. Just ask defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.
"I really think he is a much more handsome man without it," he said, "but I kind of like the record we've got with it on there."
Keisel looks in the mirror sometimes and knows LeBeau is right.
"I know I was handsome," he said, smiling, "but I don't really remember what it was like."
Neither does his wife, Sarah. And that's why she bought him a razor for Christmas.
"It's still in the package, but I'll have to break that out eventually," Keisel said. "She's been a great supporter throughout it all. She doesn't really remember the guy she married, but she gets to wake up to this every morning and at least get a chuckle."
Don't worry, Sarah. Just a few more days and you'll get your husband back. As long as "The Beard" lets you.
"Hopefully, we'll win and I can go home and pull the Lombardi (Trophy) out of the beard for all the fans to see," Keisel said. "Then, I think I'll have to whack it off or my wife might leave me."
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37