* Colby lead Highland High School to the 4A State Championship. He recorded six interceptions and 33 tackles for the Rams. 2nd-All State in the Salt Lake Tribune.
Taylor Fox: 6-2 240 DE Desert Hills High School.
* Salt Lake Tribune 1st-Team All State.
Brock Johnson: 5-10 175 DB/RB Northridge High School.
* Brock is a consensus first teams all state player in both major publications (Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News). Brock finished the year with 128 tackles on defense, and had 900 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns on offense.
Brady Loveless: 5-11 180 DB/RB Payson High School.
* One of the top Wrestlers in the state. 2nd-Team All State.
Josh Stephan: 6-1 185 DB Lone Peak High School.
* Deseret News 1st-Team All State.
Ono Tafisi: 6-3 320 OL Highland High School
* Two-time consensus 1st-Team All State offensive lineman. Top offensive lineman on the 2010 State Champion team. Started for four years for Highland. Coaches credited him with 62 pancake blocks on the season.
Galeai Malufau: 5-10 175 DB/WR/RB Kahuku High School (Hawaii).
CJ Devers: 6-4 260 OL Timpview High School.
Elliot Knox: 6-1 170 WR Snow Canyon High School.
Ryan Manguso: 6-2 260 DL Snow Canyon High School.
The three signees in the early signing period include:
Brandon Brown: 6-0 190 DB Snow College (Kanab High School).
* One of the most heralded athletes from southern Utah. Brandon was a two -time 1st-Team all state football player from Kanab High School. During his football days at Kanab, Brandon scored 58 touchdowns in his career ranking him fifth all-time in the state of Utah.
Danny Payne: 5-11 180 DB Snow College (Cottonwood High School).
* Danny was the starting cornerback for the nationally ranked Snow College Badgers. He capped off his sophomore season by being named the Defensive MVP of the Top of the Mountain Bowl game that saw Snow College defeat Iowa Western. Danny was a 1st-Team All State player from Cottonwood High School. Danny holds many records in the state of Utah including being ranked #2 in the state history for touchdowns returned after an interception.
Cache Morgan: 6-0 195 DB Utah State (West Jordan High School)
* 1st-Team All State . Was voted the defensive most valuable player for Region 3 his senior year. Comes to Dixie as a two-year letterman at Utah State.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: The No. 10-ranked Dixie State College women's basketball team dropped one spot in this week's West Regional poll. Despite winning two games this week, the Red Storm remains at number three in the polls.
The Red Storm picked up a 99-44 win over Chaminade on Saturday and an 87-52 win over BYU-Hawaii.
Western Washington, which is ranked seventh in the national poll, stayed at No. 4 in this week's West Regional poll. The Vikings are among four teams all with one regional loss.
Cal State Monterey Bay, despite losing its first game of the season to Cal Poly Pomona, held on to the No. 1 slot.
Pomona, whose only loss is to Monterey, is ranked second and Dixie State, whose lone loss is to Alaska Anchorage, is ranked third.
Fellow PacWest members Grand Canyon are sixth and Hawaii Pacific is tenth.
Next month's eight-team playoffs will feature the champions from the GNAC, CCAA and PacWest Conferences along with the next five highest ranked teams.
The CCAA and GNAC will determine their champions with post-season tournaments, while regular-season play determines the PacWest representative.
Of the 10 teams in this week's regional poll, four are from the CCAA, three are from the GNAC and three are from the PacWest.
Dixie State returns to the court on Saturday afternoon with a PacWest battle in Phoenix against Grand Canyon. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:00 PM.
WEST: 1. Cal State Monterey Bay (17-1); 2. Cal Poly Pomona (15-1); 3. Dixie State (13-1); 4. Western Washington (16-1); 5. Alaska Anchorage (16-4); 6. Grand Canyon (16-2); 7. Cal State San Bernardino (12-3); 8. Seattle Pacific (13-5); 9. Chico State (13-5); 10. Hawaii Pacific (12-4).
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes are...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby player...
- High school baseball: Clutch fifth inning...
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak hires...
- Prep softball: Lehi whips Herriman twice to...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 125
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 39
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 26
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 23
- Utah State football: Demolition begins... 16
- Morning links: Jazz in the lottery;... 13
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13