MEN'S SOCCER: In conjunction with the NCAA men's soccer signing day, the Cougars added five players to its 2011 Premier Development League roster.
"This is a great recruiting class," said head coach, Chris Watkins. "Maybe our best ever. Hopefully we can find a few more at our open tryout at the end of the month."
"We are very excited about the recruiting class for 2011," said recruiting coordinator and assistant coach, Chad Sackett. "We feel we have two of the best players from Utah coming to BYU and are excited to get some top recruits from Southern Cal, Texas, and Ohio. With this incoming class we will be adding depth and talent for years to come and possibly help our 2011 league play. We are also excited for those incoming freshman that are coming to tryouts."
Most of the freshman signees will join the team the day after they graduate from high school during the summer.
"Bringing in great students is a major project," said Watkins. "Thanks to Coach Sackett for putting this class together."
The Cougars will hold an open tryout, February 24-26. See www.byusoccer.com/tryouts.php for more information.
Name Pos. Hometown Status Notes
Dallin Cutler M San Diego, CA HS Senior Top 100 National Recruit
Jerry Dearden D Cottonwood Heights, UT HS Senior 2-time HS State Champ
Josh Hunter M Canton, OH HS Senior Played in 3 Club State Title Gms
Trevor Lesueur GK Prosper, TX HS Senior U-17 Disney Showcase Champ
Winston Sorhaitz F Lindon, UT HS Senior Real Salt Lake U-17 player
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 20
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 7