MEN'S SOCCER: In conjunction with the NCAA men's soccer signing day, the Cougars added five players to its 2011 Premier Development League roster.
"This is a great recruiting class," said head coach, Chris Watkins. "Maybe our best ever. Hopefully we can find a few more at our open tryout at the end of the month."
"We are very excited about the recruiting class for 2011," said recruiting coordinator and assistant coach, Chad Sackett. "We feel we have two of the best players from Utah coming to BYU and are excited to get some top recruits from Southern Cal, Texas, and Ohio. With this incoming class we will be adding depth and talent for years to come and possibly help our 2011 league play. We are also excited for those incoming freshman that are coming to tryouts."
Most of the freshman signees will join the team the day after they graduate from high school during the summer.
"Bringing in great students is a major project," said Watkins. "Thanks to Coach Sackett for putting this class together."
The Cougars will hold an open tryout, February 24-26. See www.byusoccer.com/tryouts.php for more information.
Name Pos. Hometown Status Notes
Dallin Cutler M San Diego, CA HS Senior Top 100 National Recruit
Jerry Dearden D Cottonwood Heights, UT HS Senior 2-time HS State Champ
Josh Hunter M Canton, OH HS Senior Played in 3 Club State Title Gms
Trevor Lesueur GK Prosper, TX HS Senior U-17 Disney Showcase Champ
Winston Sorhaitz F Lindon, UT HS Senior Real Salt Lake U-17 player
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34