PORTLAND, Ore. — LaMarcus Aldridge had a career-high 40 points along with 11 rebounds and the Portland Trail Blazers defeated the NBA-leading San Antonio Spurs 99-86 on Tuesday night.
Wesley Matthews added 21 points for the Blazers, who snapped a two-game losing streak.
Manu Ginobili had 14 points for the Spurs, who have lost only eight games this season.
Gary Neal's 3-pointer for San Antonio tied it at 78, but Aldridge's layup and Wesley Matthew's scoop gave Portland its biggest lead of the game so far at 82-78 with 7:03 left.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35