OKLAHOMA CITY — Those who doubted Russell Westbrook's potential only served to fuel his rise to greatness in the NBA.
Some didn't find him deserving of the chance to play at UCLA. Some didn't think he was worth the No. 4 pick in the NBA draft. Others never thought he would excel at point guard in the NBA.
On a wristband, he wears his response to those doubters — Why Not?
Westbrook is waiting to hear if he'll be selected for the All-Star reserve team on Thursday. He's 13th in the league in scoring at 22.6 points per game and eighth in assists at 8.5 per game.
He's given Oklahoma City a legitimate second threat alongside Kevin Durant and made the Thunder a legitimate contender for home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45