OKLAHOMA CITY — Those who doubted Russell Westbrook's potential only served to fuel his rise to greatness in the NBA.
Some didn't find him deserving of the chance to play at UCLA. Some didn't think he was worth the No. 4 pick in the NBA draft. Others never thought he would excel at point guard in the NBA.
On a wristband, he wears his response to those doubters — Why Not?
Westbrook is waiting to hear if he'll be selected for the All-Star reserve team on Thursday. He's 13th in the league in scoring at 22.6 points per game and eighth in assists at 8.5 per game.
He's given Oklahoma City a legitimate second threat alongside Kevin Durant and made the Thunder a legitimate contender for home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34