Utah Utes football notebook: Coaches to have different roles
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow met with the media Monday afternoon, answering a variety of questions on a variety of topics.
The most intriguing, though, may have involved last year's co-offensive coordinators Aaron Roderick and Dave Schramm.
"I talked to both Aaron and Dave and made sure they understood what was happening and they did. I made sure Kyle spoke with them before we accepted this," Chow said. "Aaron played for me (at BYU). Aaron's a terrific coach. He will have a major role in what's going on with the pass game. He knows that and we're both very excited."
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham expects to make an announcement on coaching assignments in the next couple of weeks.
ON THE LINE: New offensive line coach Tim Davis met with the media before Chow and offered insight about Utah's newly hired offensive coordinator. They worked together at USC.
"Norm's great to work with," Davis said. "He's got a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of football in him."
THAT'S SO RAVEN: Former Ute Paul Kruger of the Baltimore Ravens is excited about the program's move to the Pac-12.
"I think it's great for the state and the University of Utah," Kruger said Monday at the football facility. "I think it's going to be everything we've wanted for the past 4-5 years, kind of culminating into the championship seasons and the national spotlight."
Utah official moves from the Mountain West Conference on July 1.
SIGNING PARTY: More than 800 fans have already registered for Utah's "National Letter of Intent Day Party." The gathering is set for Wednesday, beginning at 5 p.m., at the Spence Eccles Field House. Whittingham will speak at 7 p.m., following dinner and other activities. Tickets ($15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under) must be purchased in advance. See www.utahutes.com for more information.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 54
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 31