Utah Utes football notebook: Coaches to have different roles
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow met with the media Monday afternoon, answering a variety of questions on a variety of topics.
The most intriguing, though, may have involved last year's co-offensive coordinators Aaron Roderick and Dave Schramm.
"I talked to both Aaron and Dave and made sure they understood what was happening and they did. I made sure Kyle spoke with them before we accepted this," Chow said. "Aaron played for me (at BYU). Aaron's a terrific coach. He will have a major role in what's going on with the pass game. He knows that and we're both very excited."
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham expects to make an announcement on coaching assignments in the next couple of weeks.
ON THE LINE: New offensive line coach Tim Davis met with the media before Chow and offered insight about Utah's newly hired offensive coordinator. They worked together at USC.
"Norm's great to work with," Davis said. "He's got a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of football in him."
THAT'S SO RAVEN: Former Ute Paul Kruger of the Baltimore Ravens is excited about the program's move to the Pac-12.
"I think it's great for the state and the University of Utah," Kruger said Monday at the football facility. "I think it's going to be everything we've wanted for the past 4-5 years, kind of culminating into the championship seasons and the national spotlight."
Utah official moves from the Mountain West Conference on July 1.
SIGNING PARTY: More than 800 fans have already registered for Utah's "National Letter of Intent Day Party." The gathering is set for Wednesday, beginning at 5 p.m., at the Spence Eccles Field House. Whittingham will speak at 7 p.m., following dinner and other activities. Tickets ($15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under) must be purchased in advance. See www.utahutes.com for more information.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7