SALT LAKE CITY — Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow met with the media Monday afternoon, answering a variety of questions on a variety of topics.
The most intriguing, though, may have involved last year's co-offensive coordinators Aaron Roderick and Dave Schramm.
"I talked to both Aaron and Dave and made sure they understood what was happening and they did. I made sure Kyle spoke with them before we accepted this," Chow said. "Aaron played for me (at BYU). Aaron's a terrific coach. He will have a major role in what's going on with the pass game. He knows that and we're both very excited."
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham expects to make an announcement on coaching assignments in the next couple of weeks.
ON THE LINE: New offensive line coach Tim Davis met with the media before Chow and offered insight about Utah's newly hired offensive coordinator. They worked together at USC.
"Norm's great to work with," Davis said. "He's got a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of football in him."
THAT'S SO RAVEN: Former Ute Paul Kruger of the Baltimore Ravens is excited about the program's move to the Pac-12.
"I think it's great for the state and the University of Utah," Kruger said Monday at the football facility. "I think it's going to be everything we've wanted for the past 4-5 years, kind of culminating into the championship seasons and the national spotlight."
Utah official moves from the Mountain West Conference on July 1.
SIGNING PARTY: More than 800 fans have already registered for Utah's "National Letter of Intent Day Party." The gathering is set for Wednesday, beginning at 5 p.m., at the Spence Eccles Field House. Whittingham will speak at 7 p.m., following dinner and other activities. Tickets ($15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under) must be purchased in advance. See www.utahutes.com for more information.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 69
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 63
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 21
- BYU, Ute baseball: Cougars come back... 21