Mark Weber, Associated Press
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Mike Conley scored 26 points and had a key steal late, and Jason Richardson missed a 40-footer at the buzzer as the Memphis Grizzlies defeated the Orlando Magic 100-97 on Monday night.
Gilbert Arenas made one of two foul shots to cut the Grizzlies lead to 98-97 with 40 seconds left.
Conley stole the ball from Orlando forward Ryan Anderson and was fouled. Dwight Howard was then called for a technical foul and Zach Randolph made the free throw. Conley made one of two free throws before Richardson's shot missed badly.
Conley also had 11 assists marking the first time in his career he more than 20 points and 10 assists in the same game.
Lionel Hollins became the coach with most wins in Grizzlies history with 96.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45