Utah Jazz: Deron Williams, Mehmet Okur out for tonight's game
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will face the Charlotte Bobcats tonight with the same crew that lost Sunday night at Golden State.
Both Deron Williams and Mehmet Okur have been ruled out for the tail end of this back-to-back set, which tips off at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena.
Williams has missed the last two games with a strained tendon in his right wrist, which he hyper-extended during last Wednesday's loss to San Antonio. He warmed up with the team tonight but will indeed miss his third consecutive contest.
Okur was sidelined for Sunday's game — a rough 96-81 setback to the Warriors at Oracle Arena — after straining his lower back again during Friday's 108-100 win over Minnesota.
Veteran Earl Watson will start his third straight game in place of Williams..
The Jazz, meanwhile, are hoping to find some traction after losing seven of their past eight games. Utah (28-20) now finds itself only four games ahead of ninth-place Memphis, which is outside of the playoff picture with a 24-24 record.
Utah won at Charlotte (20-26) on Nov. 13 thanks to a late floater by D-Will that capped the comeback and the Jazz's 4-0 Southeastern road trip.
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 160
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 32
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19