Utah Jazz: Deron Williams, Mehmet Okur out for tonight's game
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will face the Charlotte Bobcats tonight with the same crew that lost Sunday night at Golden State.
Both Deron Williams and Mehmet Okur have been ruled out for the tail end of this back-to-back set, which tips off at 7 p.m. at EnergySolutions Arena.
Williams has missed the last two games with a strained tendon in his right wrist, which he hyper-extended during last Wednesday's loss to San Antonio. He warmed up with the team tonight but will indeed miss his third consecutive contest.
Okur was sidelined for Sunday's game — a rough 96-81 setback to the Warriors at Oracle Arena — after straining his lower back again during Friday's 108-100 win over Minnesota.
Veteran Earl Watson will start his third straight game in place of Williams..
The Jazz, meanwhile, are hoping to find some traction after losing seven of their past eight games. Utah (28-20) now finds itself only four games ahead of ninth-place Memphis, which is outside of the playoff picture with a 24-24 record.
Utah won at Charlotte (20-26) on Nov. 13 thanks to a late floater by D-Will that capped the comeback and the Jazz's 4-0 Southeastern road trip.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28