CASA GRANDE, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake will put the wraps on its first stretch of the 2011 preseason Tuesday with a scrimmage against the expansion Vancouver Whitecaps here.
The club has been training in Arizona since Jan. 23, but will return to Utah Tuesday night. It will hold Utah-based training sessions this Friday and Saturday before returning to Casa Grande on Sunday for another week of warm-weather training.
The MLS regular season doesn't get underway for RSL until March 19, but an early start to training camp was necessary because of the club's advancement out of CONCACAF Champions League group play last season.
The two-leg quarterfinal series begins in Columbus on Feb. 22, with the return leg scheduled for March 1 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33