CASA GRANDE, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake will put the wraps on its first stretch of the 2011 preseason Tuesday with a scrimmage against the expansion Vancouver Whitecaps here.
The club has been training in Arizona since Jan. 23, but will return to Utah Tuesday night. It will hold Utah-based training sessions this Friday and Saturday before returning to Casa Grande on Sunday for another week of warm-weather training.
The MLS regular season doesn't get underway for RSL until March 19, but an early start to training camp was necessary because of the club's advancement out of CONCACAF Champions League group play last season.
The two-leg quarterfinal series begins in Columbus on Feb. 22, with the return leg scheduled for March 1 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22