CASA GRANDE, Ariz. — Real Salt Lake will put the wraps on its first stretch of the 2011 preseason Tuesday with a scrimmage against the expansion Vancouver Whitecaps here.
The club has been training in Arizona since Jan. 23, but will return to Utah Tuesday night. It will hold Utah-based training sessions this Friday and Saturday before returning to Casa Grande on Sunday for another week of warm-weather training.
The MLS regular season doesn't get underway for RSL until March 19, but an early start to training camp was necessary because of the club's advancement out of CONCACAF Champions League group play last season.
The two-leg quarterfinal series begins in Columbus on Feb. 22, with the return leg scheduled for March 1 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35