Doug Bruno has a simple reason for DePaul's incredible start to the season — experience.
The No. 12 Blue Demons have a quartet of "super" seniors. Sam Quigley, Felicia Chester and China Threatt have been at DePaul for five years. Deirdre Naughton was granted a rare sixth-year of eligibility this past season.
Quigley, Threatt and Naughton have all torn their ACLs at some point during their careers. Chester had a stress fracture in her foot as a freshman.
Being together for so long has certainly paid off. The Blue Demons have matched the best start in school history with a 20-2 mark, which includes a win over Stanford. They have won seven straight and sit at 7-0 in the Big East conference for the first time in school history.
DePaul faces No. 8 West Virginia on Sunday.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26