Doug Bruno has a simple reason for DePaul's incredible start to the season — experience.
The No. 12 Blue Demons have a quartet of "super" seniors. Sam Quigley, Felicia Chester and China Threatt have been at DePaul for five years. Deirdre Naughton was granted a rare sixth-year of eligibility this past season.
Quigley, Threatt and Naughton have all torn their ACLs at some point during their careers. Chester had a stress fracture in her foot as a freshman.
Being together for so long has certainly paid off. The Blue Demons have matched the best start in school history with a 20-2 mark, which includes a win over Stanford. They have won seven straight and sit at 7-0 in the Big East conference for the first time in school history.
DePaul faces No. 8 West Virginia on Sunday.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 70
- First steps: Utes open season with... 67
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 30
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28