Doug Bruno has a simple reason for DePaul's incredible start to the season — experience.
The No. 12 Blue Demons have a quartet of "super" seniors. Sam Quigley, Felicia Chester and China Threatt have been at DePaul for five years. Deirdre Naughton was granted a rare sixth-year of eligibility this past season.
Quigley, Threatt and Naughton have all torn their ACLs at some point during their careers. Chester had a stress fracture in her foot as a freshman.
Being together for so long has certainly paid off. The Blue Demons have matched the best start in school history with a 20-2 mark, which includes a win over Stanford. They have won seven straight and sit at 7-0 in the Big East conference for the first time in school history.
DePaul faces No. 8 West Virginia on Sunday.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 39
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 33