Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
PARK CITY, Utah — Rob Lowe is shaking things up in his career and so far the moves are paying off.
The 46-year-old has a new film called "I Melt With You," which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival this past week. He left the ABC drama "Brothers and Sisters" last spring and joined NBC's Thursday-night sitcom "Parks and Recreation." He also has a guest spot on the new season of Showtime's "Californication." And on top of all that, he's releasing a memoir in May.
"At the moment, I feel really fulfilled," Lowe says, but is also aware show business can be a roller coaster ride. "The thing about a long career is you go through periods where you're unfulfilled, you go through periods where you're hot and you're cold. If you're lucky enough to stick around, you go through all of it."
"I Melt With You," which also stars Jeremy Piven and Thomas Jane, is about a group of guy friends who get together for a yearly bonding weekend. The trip turns serious when they open up and begin to question the way their lives have unfolded.
The film has received mixed reviews at Sundance, which Lowe says is fine with him. "So much of our business today is safe," he says. "They'll sacrifice quality, humor, drama, budget, you name it, and throw it under the bus to add one more set of eyeballs. This movie doesn't."
Magnolia Pictures acquired the film for domestic distribution.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2