Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
PARK CITY, Utah — Rob Lowe is shaking things up in his career and so far the moves are paying off.
The 46-year-old has a new film called "I Melt With You," which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival this past week. He left the ABC drama "Brothers and Sisters" last spring and joined NBC's Thursday-night sitcom "Parks and Recreation." He also has a guest spot on the new season of Showtime's "Californication." And on top of all that, he's releasing a memoir in May.
"At the moment, I feel really fulfilled," Lowe says, but is also aware show business can be a roller coaster ride. "The thing about a long career is you go through periods where you're unfulfilled, you go through periods where you're hot and you're cold. If you're lucky enough to stick around, you go through all of it."
"I Melt With You," which also stars Jeremy Piven and Thomas Jane, is about a group of guy friends who get together for a yearly bonding weekend. The trip turns serious when they open up and begin to question the way their lives have unfolded.
The film has received mixed reviews at Sundance, which Lowe says is fine with him. "So much of our business today is safe," he says. "They'll sacrifice quality, humor, drama, budget, you name it, and throw it under the bus to add one more set of eyeballs. This movie doesn't."
Magnolia Pictures acquired the film for domestic distribution.
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Doug's Take: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' is a...
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on...
- Book review: 'Joseph: A Stalwart Witness' is...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- A look back at the Star Trek film franchise
- Former lawyer says OJ Simpson knew about guns
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Once in a while,... 5
- A look back at the Star Trek film... 3
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy: Q&A 2
- Prince Harry to see NJ storm damage,... 1
- 'Into Darkness' is missing that 'Star... 1
- OJ back in court; Day 4 of bid for new... 1