Utah Jazz travel to Golden State without Mehmet Okur
Deron Williams gametime decision for Sunday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will head to Golden State without one of their key players, and they're still not sure if their star and leader will be available for Sunday's game.
Deron Williams did not practice this morning after missing his first game of the season Friday night due to a hyper-extended right wrist. D-Will will travel with the team, which leaves for Oakland this afternoon, and will be a gametime decision for the ESPN-televised contest against the Warriors.
Utah will be without the services of backup big man Mehmet Okur, though.
Memo's health issues continue to plague him this season. He will not travel with the team for its quick road jaunt, having received a pain-killing epidural shot in his strained lower back.
Okur, who has had one injury after another since returning from his eight-month Achilles rehab, has already missed six games this season because of his sore back, which tightened up on him again during the first half of Friday's 108-100 losing-streak-snapping win over Minnesota.
The team was reunited with another big man, as reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko returned to practice after missing three games with a nasty sinus infection.
Fes will travel for Sunday's game.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 82
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31