Utah Jazz travel to Golden State without Mehmet Okur
Deron Williams gametime decision for Sunday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will head to Golden State without one of their key players, and they're still not sure if their star and leader will be available for Sunday's game.
Deron Williams did not practice this morning after missing his first game of the season Friday night due to a hyper-extended right wrist. D-Will will travel with the team, which leaves for Oakland this afternoon, and will be a gametime decision for the ESPN-televised contest against the Warriors.
Utah will be without the services of backup big man Mehmet Okur, though.
Memo's health issues continue to plague him this season. He will not travel with the team for its quick road jaunt, having received a pain-killing epidural shot in his strained lower back.
Okur, who has had one injury after another since returning from his eight-month Achilles rehab, has already missed six games this season because of his sore back, which tightened up on him again during the first half of Friday's 108-100 losing-streak-snapping win over Minnesota.
The team was reunited with another big man, as reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko returned to practice after missing three games with a nasty sinus infection.
Fes will travel for Sunday's game.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25