Utah Jazz travel to Golden State without Mehmet Okur
Deron Williams gametime decision for Sunday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will head to Golden State without one of their key players, and they're still not sure if their star and leader will be available for Sunday's game.
Deron Williams did not practice this morning after missing his first game of the season Friday night due to a hyper-extended right wrist. D-Will will travel with the team, which leaves for Oakland this afternoon, and will be a gametime decision for the ESPN-televised contest against the Warriors.
Utah will be without the services of backup big man Mehmet Okur, though.
Memo's health issues continue to plague him this season. He will not travel with the team for its quick road jaunt, having received a pain-killing epidural shot in his strained lower back.
Okur, who has had one injury after another since returning from his eight-month Achilles rehab, has already missed six games this season because of his sore back, which tightened up on him again during the first half of Friday's 108-100 losing-streak-snapping win over Minnesota.
The team was reunited with another big man, as reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko returned to practice after missing three games with a nasty sinus infection.
Fes will travel for Sunday's game.
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- Morning links: Calipari's subtle jab at Salt...
- Video: Former Utah Jazz draft pick Luther...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Best of the West: Arizona back to top seed...
- Utah basketball: Coach K looks out for...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 64
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 47
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27