Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The two schools are negotiating to play a game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, in 2011. According to sources, the contest could take place on Thanksgiving weekend and it would be broadcast by ESPN.
The Cougars, who are bolting the Mountain West Conference, begin their first season as an independent next fall. They are set to play 12 games, but they can add a 13th due to an NCAA provision that provides teams that play at Hawaii that option.
BYU has a bye on Nov. 26, which is Thanksgiving weekend. The Cougars begin an eight-year contract with ESPN beginning this fall.
TCU, which is going into its final season as a member of the Mountain West Conference, is looking to fill holes in its schedule that features two only non-conference games, against Baylor and Southern Methodist.
BYU played at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in 2009, upsetting Oklahoma. Last September TCU defeated Oregon State at Cowboys Stadium.
When word got out about BYU going independent last August, Horned Frog coach Gary Patterson said he wouldn't consider playing the Cougars in the future.
TCU announced in November it is heading to the Big East Conference in 2012.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7