Utah Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko back in starting lineup; Paul Millsap OK
SALT LAKE CITY — Another game, another starting lineup change for the Utah Jazz.
Andrei Kirilenko will resume his starting small forward position when the Jazz take on the San Antonio Spurs tonight.
Kirilenko had come off the bench the past two games as Jazz coach Jerry Sloan tinkered with the lineup hoping to spark the team. Both Gordon Hayward and C.J. Miles took one-game turns as starters, but those changes did not affect the outcome on the scoreboard as Utah continued to lose.
"I'm going to put Andrei in because we still haven't been rebounding any more," Sloan said. "I feel like we were still winning some games before we started making changes. We'll go back to that and see how it goes."
Though his availability for tonight's ESPN-televised contest (7:30 tipoff) was in doubt, Paul Millsap will start at the power forward spot. He suffered a severely bruised right thumb in the second quarter of Tuesday night's 120-91 blowout loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
X-rays taken on Millsap's thumb today revealed no structural damage, and he has it heavily taped. Millsap said the pain has gone down somewhat today.
The slumping team, which has lost five straight games, will again play without backup big man Kyrylo Fesenko. He continues to be under the weather with a sinus infection, which kept him out of Tuesday's game.
This will be the Jazz's first game in Utah since Jan. 14, when they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31