Utah Jazz: Andrei Kirilenko back in starting lineup; Paul Millsap OK
SALT LAKE CITY — Another game, another starting lineup change for the Utah Jazz.
Andrei Kirilenko will resume his starting small forward position when the Jazz take on the San Antonio Spurs tonight.
Kirilenko had come off the bench the past two games as Jazz coach Jerry Sloan tinkered with the lineup hoping to spark the team. Both Gordon Hayward and C.J. Miles took one-game turns as starters, but those changes did not affect the outcome on the scoreboard as Utah continued to lose.
"I'm going to put Andrei in because we still haven't been rebounding any more," Sloan said. "I feel like we were still winning some games before we started making changes. We'll go back to that and see how it goes."
Though his availability for tonight's ESPN-televised contest (7:30 tipoff) was in doubt, Paul Millsap will start at the power forward spot. He suffered a severely bruised right thumb in the second quarter of Tuesday night's 120-91 blowout loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
X-rays taken on Millsap's thumb today revealed no structural damage, and he has it heavily taped. Millsap said the pain has gone down somewhat today.
The slumping team, which has lost five straight games, will again play without backup big man Kyrylo Fesenko. He continues to be under the weather with a sinus infection, which kept him out of Tuesday's game.
This will be the Jazz's first game in Utah since Jan. 14, when they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- No. 18 BYU expecting 'difficult, volatile'...
- Bulked-up Gordon Hayward looks to play with...
- USU football: Chuckie Keeton likely out...
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest rivalry...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 61
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39