SALT LAKE CITY — Another game, another starting lineup change for the Utah Jazz.
Andrei Kirilenko will resume his starting small forward position when the Jazz take on the San Antonio Spurs tonight.
Kirilenko had come off the bench the past two games as Jazz coach Jerry Sloan tinkered with the lineup hoping to spark the team. Both Gordon Hayward and C.J. Miles took one-game turns as starters, but those changes did not affect the outcome on the scoreboard as Utah continued to lose.
"I'm going to put Andrei in because we still haven't been rebounding any more," Sloan said. "I feel like we were still winning some games before we started making changes. We'll go back to that and see how it goes."
Though his availability for tonight's ESPN-televised contest (7:30 tipoff) was in doubt, Paul Millsap will start at the power forward spot. He suffered a severely bruised right thumb in the second quarter of Tuesday night's 120-91 blowout loss to the Lakers in Los Angeles.
X-rays taken on Millsap's thumb today revealed no structural damage, and he has it heavily taped. Millsap said the pain has gone down somewhat today.
The slumping team, which has lost five straight games, will again play without backup big man Kyrylo Fesenko. He continues to be under the weather with a sinus infection, which kept him out of Tuesday's game.
This will be the Jazz's first game in Utah since Jan. 14, when they beat the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36