Wednesday's handful of online links summarizing coverage of LDS Church news and events from across the country and around the globe:
Today's links focus on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' recently announced site of for its Indianapolis Indiana Temple.
Did you know the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has a guest singer program, where it honors musicians and choral directors with an invitation to sing with it? The Napa Valley, Calif., Register features a retired St. Helena high school director and his wife — neither are Mormons themselves — who receive such an invite and talk about their moving experience in Salt Lake City. You can read it here.
Speaking of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, it will make its first scheduled visit to Dixie State College next month, helping celebrate St. George's sesquicentennial and the college's 100th anniversary. The DSC student newspaper, the Dixie Sun, provides more information here.
Earlier this week, the LDS Church's First Presidency announced the location of the Indianapolis Indiana Temple in the northern suburb of Carmel, Ind. Here's several links showing how the local media reported the temple-site announcement.
Indianapolis' local Fox TV affiliate filed this combined video-and-text offering here.
And from a couple hours distance to the southwest, the Lafayette/West Lafayette, Ind., Journal and Courier compiled a brief story of statewide interest here.
And while we offered a link to the Indianapolis Star's original report on Monday, here's a link to its interesting accompanying list of LDS facts pertinent to Indiana readers — by the numbers, prominent local and national Mormons and key beliefs.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17