Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News
For all intents and purposes, Jeffrey Goldberg at The Atlantic basically branded Glenn Beck an anti-Semite last week.
Here's an excerpt:
"It's become clear to me that the Fox commentator Glenn Beck has something of a Jewish problem. … This is a post about Beck's recent naming of nine people eight of them Jews as enemies of America and humanity. He calls these people prime contributors to the wait for it 'era of the big lie.'
"Beck has not crossed a certain line, by identifying his targets openly as Jewish. Nevertheless, this, to me, is a classic case of anti-Semitic dog-whistling. Beck is speaking to a certain constituency, and the thought has now crossed my mind that this constituency understands the clear implications of what Beck is saying."
Yesterday at VDARE.com, Steve Sailer fleshed out a point-by-point recap of Goldberg's reasoning and why it falls flat. The crescendo:
"What really happened was that on January 13, 2011, as he does on every single weekday, Beck put on his professorial-looking glasses and went off on one of his televised rambles through history. Resnikoff decided that Beck had insulted nine people the night before, of whom eight were Jewish.
"What are the odds?!?
"Well, the laws of probability suggest that over the many scores of shows that Beck has done over the years, the probability that one single show would feature a high proportion of Jews is awfully high.
"In other words, there's no story here."
Other Beck news:
Beck has a new self-help book out, "The 7."
He appeared on NBC's Today show this past Wednesday to promote said book.
Yesterday, Beck was high-fiving himself for correctly predicting Keith Olbermann's sudden departure from MSNBC.
- Herriman man dies following fistfight with...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- Man shot, killed by Spanish Fork police...
- Man critically injured by power line while...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 78
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 72
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs... 20
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 18
- Man shot, killed by Spanish Fork police... 18