Charles Krupa, Associated Press
PITTSBURGH — The words that describe the Pittsburgh Steelers — proud, tough and resilient — could also apply to their large, loyal fan base.
The team has rewarded its faithful with a shot at another Super Bowl win. The Green Bay Packers stand between the Steelers and a seventh title when they play Feb. 6 in Dallas.
Shuttling between stores for the latest Steelers gear, fans were still giddy Monday in Pittsburgh's commercial Strip District about Sunday's 24-19 victory over the New York Jets in the AFC championship.
Older fans speak about passing their Steelers loyalty to their children, or swaddling newborns in Terrible Towels. The Steelers are a big mom-and-pop operation, owned by three generations of the Rooney family.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35