SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
A news release from the Republican National Committee says Thomas Wright was elected Saturday.
Wright is the chairman of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.
Wright is replacing Dave Hansen, who resigned to work on the re-election campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.
Wright was one of five new state party chairman elected Saturday. The other states with leadership elections were Arizona, New Hampshire, Oregon and Washington state.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13