SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
A news release from the Republican National Committee says Thomas Wright was elected Saturday.
Wright is the chairman of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.
Wright is replacing Dave Hansen, who resigned to work on the re-election campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.
Wright was one of five new state party chairman elected Saturday. The other states with leadership elections were Arizona, New Hampshire, Oregon and Washington state.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8