SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
A news release from the Republican National Committee says Thomas Wright was elected Saturday.
Wright is the chairman of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.
Wright is replacing Dave Hansen, who resigned to work on the re-election campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.
Wright was one of five new state party chairman elected Saturday. The other states with leadership elections were Arizona, New Hampshire, Oregon and Washington state.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17