SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
A news release from the Republican National Committee says Thomas Wright was elected Saturday.
Wright is the chairman of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.
Wright is replacing Dave Hansen, who resigned to work on the re-election campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.
Wright was one of five new state party chairman elected Saturday. The other states with leadership elections were Arizona, New Hampshire, Oregon and Washington state.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24