SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Utah Republican Party has a new chairman.
A news release from the Republican National Committee says Thomas Wright was elected Saturday.
Wright is the chairman of the Salt Lake County Republican Party.
Wright is replacing Dave Hansen, who resigned to work on the re-election campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah.
Wright was one of five new state party chairman elected Saturday. The other states with leadership elections were Arizona, New Hampshire, Oregon and Washington state.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11