NEWARK, N.J. — Dirk Nowitzki hit a jumper in the lane with 6 seconds to play and the Dallas Mavericks continued their dominance over the New Jersey Nets with an 87-86 victory on Saturday night.
The Nets messed up their chance at a game-winning attempt, and Jordan Farmar was forced to toss up an off-balance shot that didn't come close to going in at the buzzer.
Nowitzki finished with 23 points on 7-of-24 shooting from the field. It didn't matter because his last shot was the only one that counted.
Tyson Chandler added 19 points for Dallas, which has won five in a row and 19 of 22 against New Jersey.
Brook Lopez had 24 points for New Jersey, which lost its bid for a 13th win, which would have topped last season's total.
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35