NEWARK, N.J. — Dirk Nowitzki hit a jumper in the lane with 6 seconds to play and the Dallas Mavericks continued their dominance over the New Jersey Nets with an 87-86 victory on Saturday night.
The Nets messed up their chance at a game-winning attempt, and Jordan Farmar was forced to toss up an off-balance shot that didn't come close to going in at the buzzer.
Nowitzki finished with 23 points on 7-of-24 shooting from the field. It didn't matter because his last shot was the only one that counted.
Tyson Chandler added 19 points for Dallas, which has won five in a row and 19 of 22 against New Jersey.
Brook Lopez had 24 points for New Jersey, which lost its bid for a 13th win, which would have topped last season's total.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 22
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21