NEWARK, N.J. — Dirk Nowitzki hit a jumper in the lane with 6 seconds to play and the Dallas Mavericks continued their dominance over the New Jersey Nets with an 87-86 victory on Saturday night.
The Nets messed up their chance at a game-winning attempt, and Jordan Farmar was forced to toss up an off-balance shot that didn't come close to going in at the buzzer.
Nowitzki finished with 23 points on 7-of-24 shooting from the field. It didn't matter because his last shot was the only one that counted.
Tyson Chandler added 19 points for Dallas, which has won five in a row and 19 of 22 against New Jersey.
Brook Lopez had 24 points for New Jersey, which lost its bid for a 13th win, which would have topped last season's total.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24