WACO, Texas — Freshman sensation Perry Jones scored 24 points, LaceDarius Dunn 16 and Baylor took control with a strange sequence at the end of first half in a 76-57 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Jones, projected by many to be a No. 1 overall NBA draft pick this summer if he becomes a one-and-done player, had at least 20 points for the fourth time in five games. He hit 7 of 9 shots, and is shooting 71 percent (36 of 51) from the field in conference games for Baylor (13-5, 3-2 Big 12).
The Bears went ahead to stay by ending the first half with a 13-3 run that included a missed 3-pointer that hit nothing but the floor followed by an alley-oop dunk on the same possession.
Markel Brown scored 16 points to lead Oklahoma State (14-5, 2-3), which has lost five in a row in Waco.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33