WACO, Texas — Freshman sensation Perry Jones scored 24 points, LaceDarius Dunn 16 and Baylor took control with a strange sequence at the end of first half in a 76-57 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Jones, projected by many to be a No. 1 overall NBA draft pick this summer if he becomes a one-and-done player, had at least 20 points for the fourth time in five games. He hit 7 of 9 shots, and is shooting 71 percent (36 of 51) from the field in conference games for Baylor (13-5, 3-2 Big 12).
The Bears went ahead to stay by ending the first half with a 13-3 run that included a missed 3-pointer that hit nothing but the floor followed by an alley-oop dunk on the same possession.
Markel Brown scored 16 points to lead Oklahoma State (14-5, 2-3), which has lost five in a row in Waco.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37