WACO, Texas — Freshman sensation Perry Jones scored 24 points, LaceDarius Dunn 16 and Baylor took control with a strange sequence at the end of first half in a 76-57 victory over Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Jones, projected by many to be a No. 1 overall NBA draft pick this summer if he becomes a one-and-done player, had at least 20 points for the fourth time in five games. He hit 7 of 9 shots, and is shooting 71 percent (36 of 51) from the field in conference games for Baylor (13-5, 3-2 Big 12).
The Bears went ahead to stay by ending the first half with a 13-3 run that included a missed 3-pointer that hit nothing but the floor followed by an alley-oop dunk on the same possession.
Markel Brown scored 16 points to lead Oklahoma State (14-5, 2-3), which has lost five in a row in Waco.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19