David Duprey, Associated Press
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Michael Grabner scored twice and rookie goalies Nathan Lawson and Kevin Poulin combined to stop 36 shots in the New York Islanders' 5-2 victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Friday night.
Matt Moulson, Jack Hillen and P.A. Parenteau also scored in the game the Islanders led 4-0 before Buffalo's Nathan Gerbe scored goals 5 seconds apart late in the third period.
The Islanders improved to 15-24-7 with their second victory in seven games (2-4-1), with both victories coming against Buffalo.
Gerbe set a franchise record for the fastest goals by one player. His first goal, on a backhander from the right circle, came with 3:22 left. He then scored on a wrist shot.
The 5-second span ties Gerbe for the third-fastest goals by a player in NHL history, joining Pete Mahovlich, who did it with Montreal in 1971.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45