Utah Jazz: Eastern road woes continue with Celtics debacle
Utah shot just 40 percent against the lengthy and defensively stingy Celtics (33-9), committed 21 turnovers and only dished out 19 assists compared to Boston's 31 dishes (a season-high for a Utah opponent).
"It's real bad. It's bad — especially the two losses we had prior to this," Millsap added. "It's a tough situation, but we've got to stay together as a team, as a unit."
Here's how bad it was for Williams. Sixteen different players outscored him — and he only made 1 of 4 field-goal attempts in 23 minutes.
That group, by the way, included Gordon Hayward (11 points), Kyrylo Fesenko (seven points), Von Wafer (seven points) and even unknown Boston backup big Semih Erden (14 points).
"I was excited. I was ready to get out there and play today," said Williams, who had six assists but was bummed about the early foul issue. "If I could've just got a chance, maybe I could've done something. But I didn't have a rhythm early, two quick fouls — two quick calls I should say — took me out of my game and I really couldn't recover."
Watson's dozen points were a team-high, but only three other players — Millsap, Hayward and Andrei Kirilenko — hit double figures in scoring with 11 points apiece for the Jazz.
"We've been a team that's been able to bounce back pretty well. To lose to the two teams we lost to initially to start the trip, those are tough losses," Jazz guard Raja Bell said after scoring just four points.
"And obviously we knew this was going to be a tough one. They're a good team, but to come out and get spanked the way we did — and we did get spanked — that doesn't feel too good."
Utah, which fell to 27-16, finishes off its four-game East Coast swing with a back-to-back game tonight in Philadelphia, hoping to salvage something out of this bumpier-than-expected trip.
"We've just got to stay together," Jefferson said. "And we've got another one (today), try to finish this road trip off with a win."
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14