LA QUINTA, Calif. — Boo Weekley shot a 6-under 66 in windy conditions Thursday for a share of the second-round lead with rookie Jhonattan Vegas in the Bob Hope Classic.
Vegas had a 67 to match Weekley at 13-under 131 in the 90-hole tournament on four Palm Springs-area courses. Charles Howell III (66) and Chris Couch (65) were a stroke back. Vegas, a Venezuelan playing in just his fifth PGA Tour event, bogeyed his final hole on the Nicklaus Private course.
Farmington's Daniel Summerhays, a PGA Tour rookie, shot a 6-under 66 on Thursday to move up to a tie for 13th place, four shots back of the leaders.
Patriots' Brady undergoes surgery on foot
BOSTON — A person with knowledge of the operation says Tom Brady has undergone surgery on his right foot.
The surgery for a stress fracture took place on Thursday, and the New England Patriots' quarterback "is doing good," the person said on condition of anonymity because an official announcement had not been made by the team.
Comcast SportsNet New England is reporting that a screw was inserted in the navicular bone, one of the small bones on the mid-foot located at the instep.
Brady was listed on the Patriots' injury report with a foot injury for the last eight regular-season games and their playoff loss to the New York Jets. Brady led the NFL in passer rating, touchdown passes (36) and fewest interceptions (four). He also threw for 3,900 yards.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13