According to the lieutenant governor's office and the FEC, in the last election Gov. Gary Herbert spent $2.6 million for a job that pays $109,900; Sen. Mike Lee and Reps. Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Matheson spent $1.7 million, $301,000, $497,000, and $2.4 million respectively for jobs that pay $174,000. In 2008, President Barack Obama spent $760 million for a job that pays $400,000. And all this was done only with our best interest at heart. In the face of such selfless statesmanship, should we not stand uncovered in their presence and worship in silence?
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 34
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28