According to the lieutenant governor's office and the FEC, in the last election Gov. Gary Herbert spent $2.6 million for a job that pays $109,900; Sen. Mike Lee and Reps. Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Matheson spent $1.7 million, $301,000, $497,000, and $2.4 million respectively for jobs that pay $174,000. In 2008, President Barack Obama spent $760 million for a job that pays $400,000. And all this was done only with our best interest at heart. In the face of such selfless statesmanship, should we not stand uncovered in their presence and worship in silence?
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37