According to the lieutenant governor's office and the FEC, in the last election Gov. Gary Herbert spent $2.6 million for a job that pays $109,900; Sen. Mike Lee and Reps. Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Matheson spent $1.7 million, $301,000, $497,000, and $2.4 million respectively for jobs that pay $174,000. In 2008, President Barack Obama spent $760 million for a job that pays $400,000. And all this was done only with our best interest at heart. In the face of such selfless statesmanship, should we not stand uncovered in their presence and worship in silence?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol' 19