According to the lieutenant governor's office and the FEC, in the last election Gov. Gary Herbert spent $2.6 million for a job that pays $109,900; Sen. Mike Lee and Reps. Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Matheson spent $1.7 million, $301,000, $497,000, and $2.4 million respectively for jobs that pay $174,000. In 2008, President Barack Obama spent $760 million for a job that pays $400,000. And all this was done only with our best interest at heart. In the face of such selfless statesmanship, should we not stand uncovered in their presence and worship in silence?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30