According to the lieutenant governor's office and the FEC, in the last election Gov. Gary Herbert spent $2.6 million for a job that pays $109,900; Sen. Mike Lee and Reps. Rob Bishop, Jason Chaffetz and Jim Matheson spent $1.7 million, $301,000, $497,000, and $2.4 million respectively for jobs that pay $174,000. In 2008, President Barack Obama spent $760 million for a job that pays $400,000. And all this was done only with our best interest at heart. In the face of such selfless statesmanship, should we not stand uncovered in their presence and worship in silence?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Letter: Animals in public places
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18