Items that I use everyday exist because of Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer company. Steve Jobs and his engineering partner Steve Wozniak developed the first successful personal computer. It forced IBM to develop a PC with Microsoft DOS. Steve put the research of Xerox PARC into production (the mouse and graphical user interface).
Steve competed with Microsoft. If not for that competition, we would still be using DOS 4.0 instead of Windows (a copy of Mac OS).
Apple encouraged using computers in schools in the '80s. Steve Jobs developed PIXAR (computer animation), NEXT (became the Mac OS), iTunes (more successful than CDs), the iPhone (the smart phone standard) and the iPad, which is changing the way people read anything and everything.
In short, Steve Jobs has driven the computer industry on this planet for the last 40 years.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 30