Items that I use everyday exist because of Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer company. Steve Jobs and his engineering partner Steve Wozniak developed the first successful personal computer. It forced IBM to develop a PC with Microsoft DOS. Steve put the research of Xerox PARC into production (the mouse and graphical user interface).
Steve competed with Microsoft. If not for that competition, we would still be using DOS 4.0 instead of Windows (a copy of Mac OS).
Apple encouraged using computers in schools in the '80s. Steve Jobs developed PIXAR (computer animation), NEXT (became the Mac OS), iTunes (more successful than CDs), the iPhone (the smart phone standard) and the iPad, which is changing the way people read anything and everything.
In short, Steve Jobs has driven the computer industry on this planet for the last 40 years.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- Letter: Next president?
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28