Items that I use everyday exist because of Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer company. Steve Jobs and his engineering partner Steve Wozniak developed the first successful personal computer. It forced IBM to develop a PC with Microsoft DOS. Steve put the research of Xerox PARC into production (the mouse and graphical user interface).
Steve competed with Microsoft. If not for that competition, we would still be using DOS 4.0 instead of Windows (a copy of Mac OS).
Apple encouraged using computers in schools in the '80s. Steve Jobs developed PIXAR (computer animation), NEXT (became the Mac OS), iTunes (more successful than CDs), the iPhone (the smart phone standard) and the iPad, which is changing the way people read anything and everything.
In short, Steve Jobs has driven the computer industry on this planet for the last 40 years.
Salt Lake City
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9