Items that I use everyday exist because of Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer company. Steve Jobs and his engineering partner Steve Wozniak developed the first successful personal computer. It forced IBM to develop a PC with Microsoft DOS. Steve put the research of Xerox PARC into production (the mouse and graphical user interface).
Steve competed with Microsoft. If not for that competition, we would still be using DOS 4.0 instead of Windows (a copy of Mac OS).
Apple encouraged using computers in schools in the '80s. Steve Jobs developed PIXAR (computer animation), NEXT (became the Mac OS), iTunes (more successful than CDs), the iPhone (the smart phone standard) and the iPad, which is changing the way people read anything and everything.
In short, Steve Jobs has driven the computer industry on this planet for the last 40 years.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37