PROVO — Wide receiver O'Neill Chambers, who was suspended indefinitely from BYU's football team in October, has not transferred and is enrolled in classes at BYU this semester, school officials confirmed Wednesday.
After Chambers was suspended, coach Bronco Mendenhall said that Chambers intended to finish fall semester, then transfer.
"I've got a list of schools that we released him to," the coach said at the time. "There were six or seven of them. I can't recall any of them what they were. That rarely means that's where he'll end up. But he had a list that he was interested in."
All those schools were Football Bowl Subdivision institutions, according to Mendenhall.
In December, Mendenhall said Chambers would not be part of the team in 2011, even if he remained at BYU. If he stays in school, he will redshirt next season and could be eligible in 2012.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27