BYU football: O'Neill Chambers enrolled in classes at BYU
PROVO — Wide receiver O'Neill Chambers, who was suspended indefinitely from BYU's football team in October, has not transferred and is enrolled in classes at BYU this semester, school officials confirmed Wednesday.
After Chambers was suspended, coach Bronco Mendenhall said that Chambers intended to finish fall semester, then transfer.
"I've got a list of schools that we released him to," the coach said at the time. "There were six or seven of them. I can't recall any of them what they were. That rarely means that's where he'll end up. But he had a list that he was interested in."
All those schools were Football Bowl Subdivision institutions, according to Mendenhall.
In December, Mendenhall said Chambers would not be part of the team in 2011, even if he remained at BYU. If he stays in school, he will redshirt next season and could be eligible in 2012.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 41
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26