BYU football: O'Neill Chambers enrolled in classes at BYU
PROVO — Wide receiver O'Neill Chambers, who was suspended indefinitely from BYU's football team in October, has not transferred and is enrolled in classes at BYU this semester, school officials confirmed Wednesday.
After Chambers was suspended, coach Bronco Mendenhall said that Chambers intended to finish fall semester, then transfer.
"I've got a list of schools that we released him to," the coach said at the time. "There were six or seven of them. I can't recall any of them what they were. That rarely means that's where he'll end up. But he had a list that he was interested in."
All those schools were Football Bowl Subdivision institutions, according to Mendenhall.
In December, Mendenhall said Chambers would not be part of the team in 2011, even if he remained at BYU. If he stays in school, he will redshirt next season and could be eligible in 2012.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19