BYU football: O'Neill Chambers enrolled in classes at BYU
PROVO — Wide receiver O'Neill Chambers, who was suspended indefinitely from BYU's football team in October, has not transferred and is enrolled in classes at BYU this semester, school officials confirmed Wednesday.
After Chambers was suspended, coach Bronco Mendenhall said that Chambers intended to finish fall semester, then transfer.
"I've got a list of schools that we released him to," the coach said at the time. "There were six or seven of them. I can't recall any of them what they were. That rarely means that's where he'll end up. But he had a list that he was interested in."
All those schools were Football Bowl Subdivision institutions, according to Mendenhall.
In December, Mendenhall said Chambers would not be part of the team in 2011, even if he remained at BYU. If he stays in school, he will redshirt next season and could be eligible in 2012.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15