LEHI — It has snowed inside the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, and the storm left so much white stuff, the dinosaurs can't get to the annual Snoman-O-Saurus bash.
Children attending the bash can help as they follow clues on a museum scavenger hunt to determine which dinosaurs traveled on skis and which ones wore snowshoes.
They can also try ice fishing with otters by lining up fishhooks with holes in the frozen pond to find prizes. They can toss snowballs at Wally the Walrus. They can make snowman cookies and a snowman craft.
The event makes for a fun evening and gets families out of the cold weather and into the warm, snow-filled museum, said Jordon Henderson, Museum Monday's director.
"We did something like this last year, but this year it's a lot bigger," he said. "It's more of a party. We're expecting probably 100 kids but we can handle between 200-300."
Henderson has geared the activities and fun to children between the ages of 3 and 14. Employees dressed up to be Museum Frost Fairies will host the bash, help children with activities and teach those in attendance all about snow, storms and wind.
The bash will be held Jan. 24, 5-7 p.m. at the Thanksgiving Point North American Museum of Ancient Life. Cost is $10 for adults, $8 for children. Members get in free.
Sharon Haddock is a professional freelance writer with 30 years experience, 17 of those at The Deseret News. She has a personal blog called Grandma's Place: sharonhaddock.blogspot.com/
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Experts debate whether marriage is needed for...
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 22
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5