Tony Gutierrez, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Nods to Texas sports teams were among the big winners at an auction of personalized plates at Cowboys Stadium.
But it was a license plate bearing the word FERRARI that brought in the biggest bid on Thursday night. The FERRARI plate drew a $15,000 bid at the auction in Arlington.
Other big sellers included COWBOYS for $11,500 and a GO HORNS plate for $10,500.
The auction was put on by My Plates, a private vender the state chose to market and sell some specialty plates. The company auctioned 33 plates in all.
Proceeds are shared by the state and My Plates.
It was the first auction in which Texans could get personalized plates with a full seven letters of their choice. Earlier seven-letter specialty plates had to start with "T."
- IS attack on Afghan protest kills 80 people,...
- Penny-farthing owner keeps on riding
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice...
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series:...
- New artificial reef is sunk off Florida's...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- Police: Munich suspect was obsessed with mass...
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25