Tony Gutierrez, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas — Nods to Texas sports teams were among the big winners at an auction of personalized plates at Cowboys Stadium.
But it was a license plate bearing the word FERRARI that brought in the biggest bid on Thursday night. The FERRARI plate drew a $15,000 bid at the auction in Arlington.
Other big sellers included COWBOYS for $11,500 and a GO HORNS plate for $10,500.
The auction was put on by My Plates, a private vender the state chose to market and sell some specialty plates. The company auctioned 33 plates in all.
Proceeds are shared by the state and My Plates.
It was the first auction in which Texans could get personalized plates with a full seven letters of their choice. Earlier seven-letter specialty plates had to start with "T."
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Cancer patient turns big goodbye to wedding...
- Box Office: 'Hobbit' wins Christmas, 'Big...
- Heroes 2014: Meet the disruptive visionary...
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes
- Q&A on what might have happened to AirAsia...
- Key developments in disappearance of AirAsia jet
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 10
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 7
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5