PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall could be close to hiring Navy assistant Joe DuPaix as an inside receiver/tight ends coach, sources have told the Deseret News.
DuPaix, the son of longtime Skyline High coach Roger DuPaix, played for his father at Skyline and later at Southern Utah. His other coaching stops include Riverton High, the University of Missouri-Rolla and Cal Poly. DuPaix has spent the past three seasons serving under Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo.
According to sources, DuPaix is a close friend of Cougar assistant Brandon Doman, who was promoted to offensive coordinator last week. Doman played for Roger DuPaix at Skyline in the 1990s.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45