PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall could be close to hiring Navy assistant Joe DuPaix as an inside receiver/tight ends coach, sources have told the Deseret News.
DuPaix, the son of longtime Skyline High coach Roger DuPaix, played for his father at Skyline and later at Southern Utah. His other coaching stops include Riverton High, the University of Missouri-Rolla and Cal Poly. DuPaix has spent the past three seasons serving under Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo.
According to sources, DuPaix is a close friend of Cougar assistant Brandon Doman, who was promoted to offensive coordinator last week. Doman played for Roger DuPaix at Skyline in the 1990s.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25