PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall could be close to hiring Navy assistant Joe DuPaix as an inside receiver/tight ends coach, sources have told the Deseret News.
DuPaix, the son of longtime Skyline High coach Roger DuPaix, played for his father at Skyline and later at Southern Utah. His other coaching stops include Riverton High, the University of Missouri-Rolla and Cal Poly. DuPaix has spent the past three seasons serving under Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo.
According to sources, DuPaix is a close friend of Cougar assistant Brandon Doman, who was promoted to offensive coordinator last week. Doman played for Roger DuPaix at Skyline in the 1990s.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35