SALT LAKE CITY — Defensive tackle Sealver Siliga has joined cornerback Brandon Burton in opting to give up his senior season at the University of Utah and enter the National Football League draft.
Siliga, a team captain who made 28.5 tackles and 1.5 sacks last season, released a statement announcing his intentions on Wednesday.
"Over the past couple of weeks, my family and I have been evaluating my draft prospects. I have taken a lot of time and have spoken with my family, friends and the coaching staff, and I have decided to make myself eligible for the 2011 NFL draft. I feel both mentally and physically this is the best time for me to turn pro," Siliga said. "This was not an easy decision or one in which I made without a lot of thought and prayer. I would like to thank the University of Utah, the athletic program, my teammates, the coaches and especially Coach (Kyle) Whittingham, Coach (Kalani) Sitake and Coach (Jason) Ah You. I am very thankful for everything Coach Whittingham and his staff have done for me.
"I would also like to give a special thank to my mother and father, my family and friends, as they have been extremely helpful and supportive of me during this process," he continued. "As much as I look forward to my professional career, I to look forward to continuing being a member or the Utes family."
The 2011 NFL draft is April 28-30 In New York City.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25