Martin Luther King Jr. also gave values-based parenting advice
In honor of Martin Luther King's approaching birthday, the nation will pause to remember his monumental speeches and non-violent push for racial equality and justice.
But many don't know that the Reverend also wrote a column for Ebony magazine in the late 50s, called, "Advice for Living By."
Here are some of Dr. King's comments about parenting, abstinence from premarital sex and more, which despite being more than 50 years old, still offer wisdom and insight on salient issues of today.
— Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Utah can't arrest its way out of heroin, pain...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21