Martin Luther King Jr. also gave values-based parenting advice
In honor of Martin Luther King's approaching birthday, the nation will pause to remember his monumental speeches and non-violent push for racial equality and justice.
But many don't know that the Reverend also wrote a column for Ebony magazine in the late 50s, called, "Advice for Living By."
Here are some of Dr. King's comments about parenting, abstinence from premarital sex and more, which despite being more than 50 years old, still offer wisdom and insight on salient issues of today.
— Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19