Martin Luther King Jr. also gave values-based parenting advice
In honor of Martin Luther King's approaching birthday, the nation will pause to remember his monumental speeches and non-violent push for racial equality and justice.
But many don't know that the Reverend also wrote a column for Ebony magazine in the late 50s, called, "Advice for Living By."
Here are some of Dr. King's comments about parenting, abstinence from premarital sex and more, which despite being more than 50 years old, still offer wisdom and insight on salient issues of today.
— Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 72
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18