Martin Luther King Jr. also gave values-based parenting advice
In honor of Martin Luther King's approaching birthday, the nation will pause to remember his monumental speeches and non-violent push for racial equality and justice.
But many don't know that the Reverend also wrote a column for Ebony magazine in the late 50s, called, "Advice for Living By."
Here are some of Dr. King's comments about parenting, abstinence from premarital sex and more, which despite being more than 50 years old, still offer wisdom and insight on salient issues of today.
— Sara Israelsen-Hartley
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 48
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7