1. Lone Peak (10-1)
Was: 1. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: A 20-point victory over Brighton last week confirms that the Knights are indeed the state's best team. Next up: at Alta, Wednesday.
2. American Fork (9-2)
Was: 3. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Started region play with two easy wins, but things get much tougher this week with games against Brighton and Lone Peak. Next up: at Brighton, Wednesday.
3. West Jordan (9-1)
Was: 6. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: The Jags are on an eight-game winning streak, and clearly the team to beat in Region 3. Next up: at Herriman, Tuesday.
4. Payson (10-1)
Was: 5. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Should cruise to the Region 8 title, but Salem Hills could be a factor down the road. Next up: at Maple Mountain, Friday.
5. Highland (9-1)
Was: 7. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: The Rams are hitting their stride, but many tough challenges await in difficult Region 6. Next up: vs. Tooele, Friday.
6. Brighton (8-3)
Was: 2. Last week: 1-1. Outlook: Brighton's up-tempo style backfired as Lone Peak scored 107 in an easy win over the Bengals last week. Next up: vs. American Fork, Wednesday.
7. Viewmont (7-2)
Was: 9. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: If the Vikes can take care of business at Fremont this week, they'll seize early control of the Region 1 race. Next up: at Fremont, Tuesday.
8. Lehi (9-1)
Was: 10. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: The Pioneers host Timpview this Friday in a huge Region 7 game. Next up: vs. Timpview, Friday.
9. Timpview (6-4)
Was: 16. Last week: 1-0. Outlook: For all of Timpview's early struggles, the T-Birds are simply too good to be ignored in 4A. Next up: vs. Timpanogos, Tuesday.
10. West (8-2)
Was: 18. Last week: 2-0. Outlook: Coming off a very impressive week with victories over Woods Cross and Murray. Next up: vs. Cyprus, Tuesday.
11. Bountiful (7-2)
Was: 4. Last week: 0-1. Outlook: Scored 35 points in the fourth quarter at Salem Hills last week, but it still wasn't enough in a 71-66 loss. Next up: at Tooele, Tuesday.
12. Wasatch (11-2)
Was: 15. Last week: 1-1. Outlook: Its 11-game winning streak came to an end in a narrow loss to Payson last week. Next up: vs. American Leadership, Tuesday.
13. Bingham (7-3)
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 35
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27