ALUM CAPTAINS: Bo Jackson and Ahmad Rashad were the honorary captains for the BCS title game.
Jackson played tailback for Auburn from 1982-85 and won the 1985 Heisman Trophy, before going on to dual careers in the NFL and Major League Baseball.
He has often been on the sidelines at Auburn games this season, including the SEC championship game, and was at practice in Arizona earlier this week.
His No. 34 was retired by Auburn in 1992.
Rashad played receiver and running back at Oregon from 1969-71, but in those days he was known as Bobby Moore. He established some 14 school records during his career with the Ducks and finished with 2,306 career rushing yards and 131 career receptions.
The Portland native went on to play 10 years in the NFL before a becoming a sports broadcaster.
AWARD WINNER: Both coaches in the BCS championship game can claim to be the national coach of the year.
Chip Kelly won the Associated Press coach of the year award and the Eddie Robinson Award handed out by the Football Writers Association.
Auburn coach Gene Chizik won his second coach of the year honor Monday, taking the Liberty Mutual coach of the year award to go along with his Home Depot coach of the year award.
Chizik led Auburn to a 13-0 record and its first appearance in the BCS championship game in his second season as coach.
The Liberty Mutual award is voted on by members of the media and former college football coaches and players. There is also some fan voting and the award honors coaches at the FCS, Division II and III levels.
Delaware's K.C. Keeler won the FCS award. Minnesota-Duluth's Bob Nielson was the Division II winner and Glenn Caruso of the University of St. Thomas (Minn.) took the Division III award.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27