NORMAN, Okla. — Khris Middleton scored 16 points and added five assists and No. 16 Texas A&M won its 11th straight game, beating Oklahoma 69-51 on Saturday in the Big 12 Conference opener for both teams.
Texas A&M matched the third-longest winning streak in school history and dealt Oklahoma its first loss in nine games this season at Lloyd Noble Center. The Aggies have won six of their last nine games against Oklahoma (8-7, 0-1) after losing 25 of their first 26 against the Sooners.
The Aggies (14-1, 1-0), who shot 54 percent from the field, have won four of their last five Big 12 openers.
Andrew Fitzgerald scored 17 points to lead Oklahoma.
Texas A&M's only loss this season came by two points to Boston College on Nov. 25. The Aggies won the next day against Manhattan and haven't lost since, a run that includes wins over ranked foes Temple and Washington.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 31
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26