Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Don't tell Kodi Burns that No. 1 Auburn is favored to win the BCS national championship game.
The Tigers receiver said Friday that they felt like the underdogs in "pretty much every game." And if Auburn beats No. 2 Oregon on Monday night to win a national championship?
Burns isn't changing his tune. He says the Tigers would probably be "going into the season unranked this year."
Actually Auburn is a slight favorite to beat the Ducks.
The Tigers have been favored in every game this season, except the Iron Bowl at Alabama, when they were 4½-point underdogs. But they did come into the season ranked only 22nd before steadily climbing to the top.
Tackle Lee Ziemba says the Tigers players know they'll probably never play in this big a game again.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 40
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26