Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Don't tell Kodi Burns that No. 1 Auburn is favored to win the BCS national championship game.
The Tigers receiver said Friday that they felt like the underdogs in "pretty much every game." And if Auburn beats No. 2 Oregon on Monday night to win a national championship?
Burns isn't changing his tune. He says the Tigers would probably be "going into the season unranked this year."
Actually Auburn is a slight favorite to beat the Ducks.
The Tigers have been favored in every game this season, except the Iron Bowl at Alabama, when they were 4½-point underdogs. But they did come into the season ranked only 22nd before steadily climbing to the top.
Tackle Lee Ziemba says the Tigers players know they'll probably never play in this big a game again.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45