BOSTON — Rajon Rondo had 22 assists, 12 points and 10 rebounds for his 11th career triple-double, adding six steals to help the Boston Celtics beat the San Antonio Spurs 105-103 on Wednesday night in a matchup of the NBA's top two teams.
It's the first time this season that the Spurs (29-6), who still have the best record in the NBA, have lost back-to-back games.
Ray Allen scored 31 for Eastern Conference-leading Boston (27-7), but missed a pair of free throws with 8.1 seconds left and the Celtics up by two. After a timeout, Manu Ginobili worked down the clock and put up a shot that was blocked by Paul Pierce and pulled down by Rondo for his 10th rebound.
Glen "Big Baby" Davis had 23 points — one short of a career high — playing in place of an injured Kevin Garnett. Rondo's 22 assists were the second-most in his career.
Ginobili had 24 points and eight rebounds for San Antonio, which was coming off a 128-115 loss at New York on Tuesday night.
MAGIC 97, BUCKS 87: At Orlando, Fla., Dwight Howard had 28 points and 13 rebounds, and Orlando held off the injury-depleted Milwaukee Bucks for its seventh straight victory.
NETS 96, BULLS 94: At Newark, N.J., Sasha Vujacic made the tiebreaking basket with 5.3 seconds left and New Jersey snapped a five-game losing streak by beating Chicago. Kris Humphries responded to a demotion with a season-high 20 points and 11 rebounds.
76ERS 109, WIZARDS 97: At Philadelphia, Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams each scored 26 points, and Philadelphia returned from its longest road trip of the season to beat Washington, 0-17 on the road.
RAPTORS 120, CAVALIERS 105: At Cleveland, Andrea Bargnani scored 25 points, Leandro Barbosa added 22 and Jose Calderon had a season-high 17 assists to help Toronto end an 11-game losing streak in Cleveland.
TRAIL BLAZERS 103, ROCKETS 100: At Houston, LaMarcus Aldridge scored 27 points and Portland overcame Kevin Martin's season-high 45 points to beat Houston.
WARRIORS 110, HORNETS 103: At New Orleans, Monta Ellis scored 29 points and Golden State rallied past New Orleans.
BOBCATS 108, TIMBERWOLVES 105 (OT): At Minneapolis, Tyrus Thomas had 21 points and 11 rebounds, and Charlotte rallied from eight points down in the final 3 minutes to pull out an overtime victory against Minnesota.
CLIPPERS 106, NUGGETS 93: At Los Angeles, Eric Gordon scored 28 points, including four 3-pointers, to help the Clippers snap Denver's four-game winning streak. Blake Griffin had 22 points and 18 rebounds for Los Angeles.
LAKERS 99, SUNS 95: At Phoenix, Kobe Bryant had 24 points and seven rebounds as Los Angeles came away with a road win.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22