Born to wander
But realistically, with a name like that, what are the odds of him staying?
Urban Meyer is officially retired as coach of the Florida Gators. He says he is devoting his time to being a better husband and father.
Meyer celebrated his first day as a full-time dad, Sunday, by running his wife and kids run through a series of gassers, z-cuts, lateral weaves and ladder drills before telling them to hit the showers.
The University of Maryland recently announced it will recognize the school's competitive eating club.
Rock On sources say Rick Majerus immediately inquired about becoming the coach. Included on his resume: A list of his favorite Greek restaurants and a citation for winning the Franklin County July 4th pie eating contest.
Majerus left the basketball court, Saturday, after being knocked into the scorer's table and cutting his leg.
Reports say The Saint Louis University coach tried to stay in the game, but the bleeding wouldn't stop.
Sort of like, you know, this year's Utes.
Getting a pass
Utah scored a combined 29 points in four of its final five football games, while BYU scored 196 in that same span. Yet it's BYU that nudged out its offensive coordinator.
Isn't that a bit like voting out all the politicians but bailing out the car companies?
Pro boxer Mia St. John telling the Chicago Sun-Times prior to her fight last fall that it would be her swan song.
"Knock on wood," she said, "this is my last fight."
So that's what's in the head of someone who has had 59 bouts.
Miami Dolphins' linebacker Channing Crowder, to the Sun-Sentinel, on booing by Dolphins fans: "Fair weather fans. Real fans keep cheering. I saw fans keep cheering. … That's their decision, but it's silly. They are fair weather fans."
Then there's this previous remark on the subjects of his game day trash talking: "Their mothers, their girlfriends, their wives, their kids, their dogs, their greasy grandmamma, whatever pops into my mind."
Just wondering, did clamming up and just playing ever pop into his mind?
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Empey evaluates BYU's O-line; recruit Haws to...
- BYU's Fischer questionable for game at San...
- BYU football hires former player Jack Damuni...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 42
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 33
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 27