Born to wander
But realistically, with a name like that, what are the odds of him staying?
Urban Meyer is officially retired as coach of the Florida Gators. He says he is devoting his time to being a better husband and father.
Meyer celebrated his first day as a full-time dad, Sunday, by running his wife and kids run through a series of gassers, z-cuts, lateral weaves and ladder drills before telling them to hit the showers.
The University of Maryland recently announced it will recognize the school's competitive eating club.
Rock On sources say Rick Majerus immediately inquired about becoming the coach. Included on his resume: A list of his favorite Greek restaurants and a citation for winning the Franklin County July 4th pie eating contest.
Majerus left the basketball court, Saturday, after being knocked into the scorer's table and cutting his leg.
Reports say The Saint Louis University coach tried to stay in the game, but the bleeding wouldn't stop.
Sort of like, you know, this year's Utes.
Getting a pass
Utah scored a combined 29 points in four of its final five football games, while BYU scored 196 in that same span. Yet it's BYU that nudged out its offensive coordinator.
Isn't that a bit like voting out all the politicians but bailing out the car companies?
Pro boxer Mia St. John telling the Chicago Sun-Times prior to her fight last fall that it would be her swan song.
"Knock on wood," she said, "this is my last fight."
So that's what's in the head of someone who has had 59 bouts.
Miami Dolphins' linebacker Channing Crowder, to the Sun-Sentinel, on booing by Dolphins fans: "Fair weather fans. Real fans keep cheering. I saw fans keep cheering. … That's their decision, but it's silly. They are fair weather fans."
Then there's this previous remark on the subjects of his game day trash talking: "Their mothers, their girlfriends, their wives, their kids, their dogs, their greasy grandmamma, whatever pops into my mind."
Just wondering, did clamming up and just playing ever pop into his mind?
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Detroit Lions pick up fifth-year option on...
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 85
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't... 69
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable... 60
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 35
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 28
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Utah baseball team surprisingly leads... 24
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 18