San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 15 of 29 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns in win over Cardinals. He had a passer rating of 107.8 and was sacked twice.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had three tackles in loss to Patriots.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had six total tackles and a fumble recovery in loss to Patriots.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) had three tackles on defense, including one for loss, and a tackle in kickoff coverage in win over Browns.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) had a 2-yard reception in loss to Lions.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had six tackles, a pass defended, and returned an interception 23 yards in win over Broncos.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Philadelphia LB Stewart Bradley (Highland HS); Cincinnati OL Kirk Chambers (Provo HS); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); St. Louis LB David Nixon (BYU); Baltimore TE Dennis Pitta (BYU); Baltimore WR David Reed (Utah); Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Tampa Bay LB J.D. Folsom (Snow College/Weber State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Arizona QB Max Hall (BYU); Washington NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Utah); New Orleans FB Marcus Mailei (Highland HS/Weber State); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 52
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 43
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35