San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 15 of 29 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns in win over Cardinals. He had a passer rating of 107.8 and was sacked twice.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had three tackles in loss to Patriots.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had six total tackles and a fumble recovery in loss to Patriots.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) had three tackles on defense, including one for loss, and a tackle in kickoff coverage in win over Browns.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) had a 2-yard reception in loss to Lions.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had six tackles, a pass defended, and returned an interception 23 yards in win over Broncos.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Philadelphia LB Stewart Bradley (Highland HS); Cincinnati OL Kirk Chambers (Provo HS); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); St. Louis LB David Nixon (BYU); Baltimore TE Dennis Pitta (BYU); Baltimore WR David Reed (Utah); Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Tampa Bay LB J.D. Folsom (Snow College/Weber State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Arizona QB Max Hall (BYU); Washington NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Utah); New Orleans FB Marcus Mailei (Highland HS/Weber State); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Jazz lose 106-103 heartbreaker to the...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 112
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37