Whatever LeBron James does the rest of his career, this much is sure: the South Beach royalty will always be associated with a young guy who'd recently joined the Jazz out of the D-League in January 2010. That ex-Idaho Stampede player, one Sundiata Gaines, will also be forever remembered for his Hollywoodesque buzzer-beating shot last Jan. 14 that gave the Jazz one of the greatest wins in franchise history over the Cleveland LeBrons. Paul Millsap gave James another bitter memory with the Jazz when he unpacked some of his talents to Miami and exploded for a career-high 46 points, including three 3-pointers and a wild overtime-forcing shot in the final 28.7 seconds of the Jazz's eventual and eventful 116-114 OT win. This much was sure after those two performances: James will never use Sundiata3 or Millsap46 as his passwords.
Today vs. Pistons, 7 p.m., FSN
This 11-win Detroit team gives a whole new meaning to the franchise's previous "Bad Boys" nickname.
Wednesday vs. Hawks, 7 p.m., FSN
Hawks, one of the Jazz's many comeback victims, will fly into town after playing in Sacramento the previous night.
Friday at Grizzlies, 6 p.m., FSN
One thing might prevent Memphis from beating Utah after eight straight losses: The Jazz are better on the road.
Saturday at Rockets, 6:30 p.m., FSN
Tough back-to-back for both teams. Houston will be coming from Orlando while Jazz are traveling from Memphis.
The BIG Stat
16 —That's how many times the Jazz have won when leading going into the fourth quarter. Conversely, Utah has only dropped one game when it's been on top after three periods. That 111-98 loss came at home against Miami on Dec. 8 despite being up 78-77 after three quarters.
Rookie has racked up three straight double-digit scoring games.
At least he hasn't been feeling so hot, missing three games due to flu.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48