37. WEST VALLEY CITY, Oct. 31 — William M. Seager, 58, was found dead in his home at 3305 W. 4630 South. His son, William Chad Seager, 31, was later charged with murder. The younger Seager allegedly pushed his father, causing him to hit his head. He left, and when he returned his father was still on the floor and his breathing was shallow. Police say the son then went to Wendover. When he returned the next morning, he allegedly put a garbage bag over his father's head and "tiedowns" around his upper body and feet before calling police. He was charged with murder, robbery and obstruction of justice. Alleged motive: domestic. Method: assault.
38. SOUTH SALT LAKE, Nov. 21 — Mary White, 62, was found dead in her home at 3414 S. 300 East with a knife stuck in her neck. Her son, John Paul White allegedly told police he strangled and stabbed his mother multiple times. He is charged with murder. His next court appearance is Feb. 18. Motive: domestic. Method: stabbing.
39. SOUTH SALT LAKE, Nov. 30 — Sherry Black, 64, was fatally stabbed at the business she and her husband owned, B&W Billiards and Books, 3466 S. 700 East. Black, the mother-in-law of Larry H. Miller Group CEO Greg Miller, dealt in rare books, including many LDS titles. Police have not named any suspects and are following leads about a belt they believe the killer left behind. Motive: unknown. Method: stabbing.
40 and 41. ST. GEORGE, Dec. 11 — Jerrica Christensen, 20, of Santa Clara, Brandie Sue Dawn Jerden, 27, of St. George, were found dead inside a home at 575 S. Main. One was shot to death and the other died as a result of "incised" wounds. Prosecutors were not releasing additional details. Paul Ashton and Brandon Smith were each charged with aggravated murder and aggravated assault. Alleged motive: unknown. Method: shooting, stabbing.
42. MOAB, Dec. 12 — William Paul Tague, 34, of Denver, was stabbed to death outside Denny's, 989 N. Main. Andrew Todd Curtis, 34, of Moab, a recent prison parolee, was arrested in connection with the incident. Curtis previously served eight years in prison for a shooting in Moab. Motive: unknown. Method: stabbing.
43. KEARNS — Daryl Antonio, 22, was beaten to death inside his home, 5312 W. Lewisclark Drive. His half brother, Christopher Blackhorse, 34, was charged with murder. Blackhorse originally called 911 telling them his half-brother was in full arrest, Investigators said the two got into a fight that involved the use of a knife, furniture and fists. Police said there was evidence that Blackhorse also tried to change the crime scene. Blackhorse was also charged with obstructing justice. Alleged motive: unknown. Method: assault.
44. ROY, Dec. 16 — John F. Sharp, 37, was shot and killed in an apparent act of self-defense. Sharp was choking Mellony Pursel, 32, at 1920 W. 4400 South, when he was shot by the woman's 17-year-old girl niece, who fired two shots. Sharp was killed and Pursel injured when one of the bullets went through Sharp and hit her in the shoulder. Sharp had been at the house a couple of times that day, and police were called each time. When he was shot, he had just been released from jail again and had a restraining order against him. Motive: self-defense. Method: shooting.
45. SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 18 — The body of Kristine Marie Gabel, 45, was found in a bathroom at Fairmont Park near 2300 South and 900 East. Police believe there was some sort of struggle prior to her being killed. The mother of two was once a stewardess and real estate agent before falling deep into alcoholism and eventually becoming homeless. Paul David Vara, 30, was charged with aggravated murder, object rape and forcible sexual abuse. Prosecutors say the woman had been strangled, disemboweled and her body mutilated. Motive: unknown. Method: strangulation.
46. SALT LAKE CITY, Dec. 18 — Cisco Montanez Cross, 45, was shot and killed in an apparent drug deal gone bad. Kenneth Flowers was charged with murder and possession of a firearm by a restricted person. He reportedly had been smoking crack for 24 hours prior to the shooting. He initially claimed self-defense but witnesses said Cross was only holding a bottle when he was shot. Motive: unknown. Method: shooting.
47. PROVO, Dec. 24 or 25 — Lisa Runolfson, 57, was shot and killed by her husband Steven Runolfson, 56, before he apparently turned the gun on himself in what police said appeared to be an agreement. The couple — who co-owned the upscale, French eatery La Caille — had recently lost a lawsuit filed by a third partner, who was awarded $4.7 million and were trying to sell the restaurant and the 20-acre property that surrounded it for $20 million. Motive: unknown. Method: shooting.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23