Ed Andrieski, Associated Press
DENVER — Rookie Ryan Mathews ran for three scores and Nate Kaeding kicked four field goals in the San Diego Chargers' 33-28 win over the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
The Broncos finished 4-12, the first time in the franchise's 51-year history that they lost more than 11 games, but they did secure the No. 2 overall draft pick in April.
San Diego (9-7) missed the playoffs, ceding the AFC West title they had won four straight seasons to the upstart Kansas City Chiefs.
Mathews topped 100 yards for the first time, gaining 120 yards on 26 carries and scoring on runs of 27, 12 and 31 yards.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35