Ed Andrieski, Associated Press
DENVER — Rookie Ryan Mathews ran for three scores and Nate Kaeding kicked four field goals in the San Diego Chargers' 33-28 win over the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
The Broncos finished 4-12, the first time in the franchise's 51-year history that they lost more than 11 games, but they did secure the No. 2 overall draft pick in April.
San Diego (9-7) missed the playoffs, ceding the AFC West title they had won four straight seasons to the upstart Kansas City Chiefs.
Mathews topped 100 yards for the first time, gaining 120 yards on 26 carries and scoring on runs of 27, 12 and 31 yards.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20