IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — Former state and national Republican Party activist Blake Hall has reached a settlement in a civil lawsuit his former girlfriend filed against him in 2009.
Hall, an Idaho Falls attorney and the Republican National Committee's former chief lawyer, pleaded guilty in November 2009 to stalking his ex-girlfriend, Allison Chambers, and spent 15 days in jail.
Chambers filed a civil lawsuit against Hall a month later, claiming he caused her emotional distress. She also accused Hall of trespass, assault and engaging in civil conspiracy against her.
Hall denied the allegations and said Chambers didn't have enough information to prove any of the charges, including claims that Hall repeatedly threw used condoms on her lawn.
An Idaho district judge dismissed the lawsuit Dec. 15 after both sides agreed on a settlement in the case. The details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Hall was unavailable for comment, while Chambers referred questions to her attorney, Michael Gaffney.
"All I can say is the case has been settled," Gaffney told the Post Register.
Idaho Falls police began investigating Hall's behavior in August 2009 after Chambers, then 37, filed a complaint. Chambers claimed she was repeatedly being stalked by Hall, sometimes at restaurants, movie theaters or in their neighborhoods after their relationship ended.
Hall, a former state Board of Education trustee, had been a major player in state government and the Idaho Republican Party, serving for a time as the state GOP chairman.
He also spent 23 years on the Republican National Committee before quitting last year. In November 2009, Bonneville County terminated Hall as the county's civil attorney, a job he'd held since 1983.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome forces the Thompson...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with Tooele...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Top Utah stories of 2014
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- About Utah: He un-retired and found a world...
- Rally in support of police also draws... 44
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 23
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson,... 21
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail... 7
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with... 6
- Top Utah stories of 2014 5
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper... 4
- Park City police nab pair suspected of... 4