IDAHO FALLS — The Bonneville County sheriff's office says a 28-year-old eastern Idaho man was killed in a shooting that involved several Idaho Falls police officers.
The sheriff's office says Idaho Falls police were called to an Idaho Falls home to investigate reports of a man with an armed weapon late Thursday.
Sgt. James Foster says officers arrived at the home and "made contact" with 28-year-old Nicholas Barker before shots were fired at the Idaho Falls home. Barker was pronounced dead at the scene.
The officers involved were not injured and have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting.
Detectives from multiple law enforcement agencies will investigate the shooting as part of a critical incident task force.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 35
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 29
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13