IDAHO FALLS — The Bonneville County sheriff's office says a 28-year-old eastern Idaho man was killed in a shooting that involved several Idaho Falls police officers.
The sheriff's office says Idaho Falls police were called to an Idaho Falls home to investigate reports of a man with an armed weapon late Thursday.
Sgt. James Foster says officers arrived at the home and "made contact" with 28-year-old Nicholas Barker before shots were fired at the Idaho Falls home. Barker was pronounced dead at the scene.
The officers involved were not injured and have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into the shooting.
Detectives from multiple law enforcement agencies will investigate the shooting as part of a critical incident task force.
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 11
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7