MISSOULA, Mont. — Derek Selvig scored 23 points and Brian Qvale added 13 as Montana routed Weber State 75-56 on Friday.
Will Cherry had 11 points for the Grizzlies (10-4, 2-0 Big Sky), who have won five straight and seven of eight.
The game's final lead change occurred midway through the first half when Montana put together a 10-0 run to take a 25-17 lead.
Kyle Bullinger and Trevor Morris each scored 10 points for the Wildcats (6-7, 0-2).
The Grizzlies held Weber State to 36.7 percent shooting and took advantage of the void left by last season's Big Sky MVP Damian Lillard, who was lost for the season after breaking a bone in his right foot in Weber State's loss to Tulsa on Dec. 16.
The Grizzlies shot 45.6 percent from the field and outscored the Wildcats 28-18 in the paint.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15