Unelected bureaucrat Interior Secretary Ken Salazar intends to illegally create 6 million acres of "wild lands" in Utah. Let's do some math: 3.5 million acres of wilderness study areas plus 6 million acres of "wild lands" equals the Southern Utah Wilderness Association's Redrock Wilderness Bill. What a crazy coincidence.
Sen. Bob Bennett was defeated at convention because he pushed a wilderness "compromise" on Washington County with the promise of finality. But, surprise of surprises, they're back.
Maybe Gov. Gary Herbert will finally get the message and disband the useless public lands advisory council headed by a former SUWA director before it does us further harm.
Our Washington delegation must make de-funding the BLM a top priority. This agency does nothing productive. It has accurately been described as a full-employment agency for environmental activists.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25