"The bagpipe is a difficult instrument to play. Unfortunately it is not impossible."
"If all economists were laid end to end — they would not reach a conclusion."
"An honest politician is one who pays his taxes on all bribes received."
"I remember when you went to a bookstore for a book, Amazon was a river, blackberries were good on cornflakes and a pole dancer was a ballerina from Krakow."
"I remember Pearl Harbor, but I don't remember what she did."
The last three quotes are my own — but the first two were stolen from me by George Bernard Shaw.
— Mark Russell, Tribune Media Services
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah businesses...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do we care?
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: Encouraging dialogue taking...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Susan Roylance: UN attempts to reform the...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 41
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 30
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 28