"The bagpipe is a difficult instrument to play. Unfortunately it is not impossible."
"If all economists were laid end to end — they would not reach a conclusion."
"An honest politician is one who pays his taxes on all bribes received."
"I remember when you went to a bookstore for a book, Amazon was a river, blackberries were good on cornflakes and a pole dancer was a ballerina from Krakow."
"I remember Pearl Harbor, but I don't remember what she did."
The last three quotes are my own — but the first two were stolen from me by George Bernard Shaw.
— Mark Russell, Tribune Media Services
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30