"The bagpipe is a difficult instrument to play. Unfortunately it is not impossible."
"If all economists were laid end to end — they would not reach a conclusion."
"An honest politician is one who pays his taxes on all bribes received."
"I remember when you went to a bookstore for a book, Amazon was a river, blackberries were good on cornflakes and a pole dancer was a ballerina from Krakow."
"I remember Pearl Harbor, but I don't remember what she did."
The last three quotes are my own — but the first two were stolen from me by George Bernard Shaw.
— Mark Russell, Tribune Media Services
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 53
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- Letter: Utah's birthright 45
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 45
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 40
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37