"The bagpipe is a difficult instrument to play. Unfortunately it is not impossible."
"If all economists were laid end to end — they would not reach a conclusion."
"An honest politician is one who pays his taxes on all bribes received."
"I remember when you went to a bookstore for a book, Amazon was a river, blackberries were good on cornflakes and a pole dancer was a ballerina from Krakow."
"I remember Pearl Harbor, but I don't remember what she did."
The last three quotes are my own — but the first two were stolen from me by George Bernard Shaw.
— Mark Russell, Tribune Media Services
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 52
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18