"The bagpipe is a difficult instrument to play. Unfortunately it is not impossible."
"If all economists were laid end to end — they would not reach a conclusion."
"An honest politician is one who pays his taxes on all bribes received."
"I remember when you went to a bookstore for a book, Amazon was a river, blackberries were good on cornflakes and a pole dancer was a ballerina from Krakow."
"I remember Pearl Harbor, but I don't remember what she did."
The last three quotes are my own — but the first two were stolen from me by George Bernard Shaw.
— Mark Russell, Tribune Media Services
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 41
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 27
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20