Before the enchantment of this season has slipped away, please take time to go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights. They are magical. Thousands and thousands of lights sparkle in the crisp night air. Areas where boards have been put up to protect construction sites are cleverly concealed in a Norman Rockwellish covering, lending their own charm. Thank you to the city, businesses, churches, and especially the LDS church for this marvelous display that is manna for the eyes and joy for the soul.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24