Before the enchantment of this season has slipped away, please take time to go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights. They are magical. Thousands and thousands of lights sparkle in the crisp night air. Areas where boards have been put up to protect construction sites are cleverly concealed in a Norman Rockwellish covering, lending their own charm. Thank you to the city, businesses, churches, and especially the LDS church for this marvelous display that is manna for the eyes and joy for the soul.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27