Before the enchantment of this season has slipped away, please take time to go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights. They are magical. Thousands and thousands of lights sparkle in the crisp night air. Areas where boards have been put up to protect construction sites are cleverly concealed in a Norman Rockwellish covering, lending their own charm. Thank you to the city, businesses, churches, and especially the LDS church for this marvelous display that is manna for the eyes and joy for the soul.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19