Before the enchantment of this season has slipped away, please take time to go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights. They are magical. Thousands and thousands of lights sparkle in the crisp night air. Areas where boards have been put up to protect construction sites are cleverly concealed in a Norman Rockwellish covering, lending their own charm. Thank you to the city, businesses, churches, and especially the LDS church for this marvelous display that is manna for the eyes and joy for the soul.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37