Before the enchantment of this season has slipped away, please take time to go downtown and enjoy the Christmas lights. They are magical. Thousands and thousands of lights sparkle in the crisp night air. Areas where boards have been put up to protect construction sites are cleverly concealed in a Norman Rockwellish covering, lending their own charm. Thank you to the city, businesses, churches, and especially the LDS church for this marvelous display that is manna for the eyes and joy for the soul.
Carolyn B. Nelson
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14