Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight against Portland
Mike Terry, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Utah Jazz will only have 10 healthy players available tonight in its road game at Portland.
Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur will both miss the 8 p.m. rematch (FSN) with the Trail Blazers with strained lower backs, while C.J. Miles has been ruled out with the flu.
Okur had an MRI performed on his tweaked back today in Portland after injuring it Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.
It will be the 29th game Okur has sat out because of his left Achilles surgery rehab, a sprained right ankle and, now, this back issue.
This will be the second game in a row in which A.K. and Miles will be sidelined with their ailments.
Coach Jerry Sloan hasn't announced his starting lineup for tonight's game, but it's likely he will again go with Gordon Hayward in the small forward spot. The rookie scored a season-high 17 points with six rebounds and three assists in 44 minutes in the 103-95 comeback win over the Clippers.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- High school boys basketball: Only 2 defending...
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 92
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 56
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 41
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 41
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 39
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32