Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight against Portland
Mike Terry, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Utah Jazz will only have 10 healthy players available tonight in its road game at Portland.
Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur will both miss the 8 p.m. rematch (FSN) with the Trail Blazers with strained lower backs, while C.J. Miles has been ruled out with the flu.
Okur had an MRI performed on his tweaked back today in Portland after injuring it Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.
It will be the 29th game Okur has sat out because of his left Achilles surgery rehab, a sprained right ankle and, now, this back issue.
This will be the second game in a row in which A.K. and Miles will be sidelined with their ailments.
Coach Jerry Sloan hasn't announced his starting lineup for tonight's game, but it's likely he will again go with Gordon Hayward in the small forward spot. The rookie scored a season-high 17 points with six rebounds and three assists in 44 minutes in the 103-95 comeback win over the Clippers.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35