Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight against Portland
Mike Terry, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Utah Jazz will only have 10 healthy players available tonight in its road game at Portland.
Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur will both miss the 8 p.m. rematch (FSN) with the Trail Blazers with strained lower backs, while C.J. Miles has been ruled out with the flu.
Okur had an MRI performed on his tweaked back today in Portland after injuring it Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.
It will be the 29th game Okur has sat out because of his left Achilles surgery rehab, a sprained right ankle and, now, this back issue.
This will be the second game in a row in which A.K. and Miles will be sidelined with their ailments.
Coach Jerry Sloan hasn't announced his starting lineup for tonight's game, but it's likely he will again go with Gordon Hayward in the small forward spot. The rookie scored a season-high 17 points with six rebounds and three assists in 44 minutes in the 103-95 comeback win over the Clippers.
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 16