Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight against Portland
Mike Terry, Deseret News
PORTLAND, Ore. — The Utah Jazz will only have 10 healthy players available tonight in its road game at Portland.
Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur will both miss the 8 p.m. rematch (FSN) with the Trail Blazers with strained lower backs, while C.J. Miles has been ruled out with the flu.
Okur had an MRI performed on his tweaked back today in Portland after injuring it Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Clippers.
It will be the 29th game Okur has sat out because of his left Achilles surgery rehab, a sprained right ankle and, now, this back issue.
This will be the second game in a row in which A.K. and Miles will be sidelined with their ailments.
Coach Jerry Sloan hasn't announced his starting lineup for tonight's game, but it's likely he will again go with Gordon Hayward in the small forward spot. The rookie scored a season-high 17 points with six rebounds and three assists in 44 minutes in the 103-95 comeback win over the Clippers.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19