North Sevier (8-1) is another Region 15 team off to an impressive start and should factor in the 2A race.
In Region 13, only Parowan and Kanab have a realistic shot at claiming the region title. With four returning starters, Parowan has a clear edge.
"We're coming together," said Einfeldt, whose team is 5-3 this preseason. "We've really tried to do our best as a coaching staff to schedule tough competition in our pre-region schedule."
Two of Parowan's losses came against 3A schools Hurricane and Juab, but its biggest opportunity to prove itself will be on Jan. 5 when it hosts South Sevier.
Deseret News 2A region projections
Note: Projections were picked by Deseret News staff, with input from coaches.
6. Cross Creek
1. South Summit
2. Rowland Hall
3. North Summit
4. Layton Christian
6. Maeser Prep
1. South Sevier
2. San Juan
3. North Sevier
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Real Salt Lake: RSL's quest to win MLS Cup...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce back to...
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 31
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27