Mike Terry, Deseret News
For many, 2010 was a year of tragedy and loss. But as the photos collected here show, the spirit of Utah is one of resilience and strength. Over the past year, Deseret News photographers captured Utahns in some of their most difficult and triumphant moments — from the day in January when local nurse Elizabeth Howell carried a 4-year-old boy to a hospital for surgery in Haiti after the devastating earthquakes there, to the day the boys of Alta High celebrated their 5A basketball state title. What all of these pictures have in common, whether documenting disappointment or joy, is the beauty of the human spirit.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14