Mike Terry, Deseret News
For many, 2010 was a year of tragedy and loss. But as the photos collected here show, the spirit of Utah is one of resilience and strength. Over the past year, Deseret News photographers captured Utahns in some of their most difficult and triumphant moments — from the day in January when local nurse Elizabeth Howell carried a 4-year-old boy to a hospital for surgery in Haiti after the devastating earthquakes there, to the day the boys of Alta High celebrated their 5A basketball state title. What all of these pictures have in common, whether documenting disappointment or joy, is the beauty of the human spirit.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 34
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12